Insulin Pump Demystified

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Slowing Down

It's been a strange fall here weather-wise--lots of rains, dips into the 40s and rises back up to the 70s. Now Thanksgiving week is approaching and the weather is settling into the 50s. It feels like deep fall now, with winter weather just around the corner.

My rhythm really slows down this time of year; I feel it happening. I know it's natural, but I resist it. I want to stay inside, curled up, I'm less eager to get out for the walks that I need. I'm in a bit of a lazy rut and I feel it in my body. I've maintained my weight for the last two months, but haven't dropped a pound. And now the holidays are coming and I really want to be mindful of what I'm eating so that all of my weight loss efforts from last spring and summer don't go for naught. Not to mention that my blood sugars often go bouncy-bounce throughout the holiday season...and I'd like to bring a bit more attention and control to that arena this year.

I feel all of this intellectually, while my body is saying "sit on the couch, eat, forget it." Maybe the first step is paying attention to this tendency, to just being aware. Maybe I can work with my body this year, find some way to kick it into high gear, maybe doing some more yoga, maybe just putting on an extra sweater and making myself get up and go walk.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner though, I must admit.

Wishing you blessings,
Gabrielle

2 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    It is such a tough fight though isn't it?

    With you in the struggle!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger bethany said…

    i'm with you and scott - it's hard ... the weather is perfect for curling up on the couch with something good to eat, some hot cocoa, a good book, and maybe a romantic movie on the tv ... if only lol

    i think we all know what you're going through

    good luck <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home