Insulin Pump Demystified

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Stress & my sugars

My life is a little bit crazy at the moment, but a lot of the craziness is good. My husband and I just found a lovely little home in a neighborhood that we desire--one with excellent public schools--in a suburb of Philadelphia. The price was right, so we made a bid and our offer was accepted. Now we have to sell our current home, in this not exactly seller's market. I'm confidant that we will, but keeping a home perfectly clean and uncluttered with a 3 and 1/2-year-old and 1-year-old in the midst is a challenge, to say the least.

So over the last couple of weeks, I have to say that the stress of it all has been having me ride the blood sugar rollercoaster. You know that one? My bg is fine at one reading and then shoots way up high at the next. What's happened in between? Just a few major adrenaline rushes as the phone rings and I find out that a potential buyer is on the way. This weekend has been the worst. We spent Friday and Saturday preparing for today's Open House and I'be had more lows in the last 48 hours than I think I have all summer long.

Which reminds me that no matter what is happening in my life--whether it is a stressful or relatively peaceful time--I have to make blood sugar management a key priority. I don't want to be riding this rollercoaster througout the selling process and move...

Wishing you peace in your life!
Gabrielle

PS: Philadelphia area readers--you can check out a link to my house at http://www.mlsfinder.com/nj_trend/neilkugelman/index.cfm?action=listing_detail&property_id=4809467&searchkey=bda38d42-ce07-aa67-0b8a-6564aad30349&npp=10&sr=1

2 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    Hey G - feeling for you! We had our house on the market when my kids were around 4 & 2. Talk about impossible!!

    I think my BG's were just constantly high - I could not stop eating!! Arg. Stress sucks.

    Best of luck! We'll be watching for updates - but DON'T worry too much about that!

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger GabrielleK-M said…

    Thanks for your support, Scott! All I keep saying to my husband is that once this is behind us, it will actually feel like we have free time again. :)
    I can't remember a time like this one when my sugars have been just so off...guess I just have to bear with it for now...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home