Insulin Pump Demystified

Friday, August 25, 2006

The time is coming...

The time is coming...I've set an appointment for early October to meet with Susan, the diabetes educator who works with Dr. Levetan to discuss getting a new pump. Susan herself has Type 1 and has tried almost every pump out there. It's truly amazing what has come out on the market in the four years since I've written "Insulin Pump Therapy Demystified." I realize that my Disetronic D-Tron Plus is way behind technologically in what's available (besides the fact that its products and accessories continue to be recalled...), but again, I'm at a "comfort" place in knowing how it works and now I need to push myself beyond this zone to find the best pump out there that will help me manage my diabetes. Setting the date to meet with Susan was the first step and I won't be able to stay immobilized after that.

Meanwhile, I'm not happy that summer is ending...I want to hold on to my afternoons at the pool with my kids, the light evenings, sitting on our deck, my less frantic work schedule. But the time is coming and I will remember this summer fondly in many ways.

With peace to you--
Gabrielle

3 Comments:

  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    Hi Gabrielle!

    If you have any questions on the different pumps after your appointment, there are many resources available for you in the OC. I think we have a very healthy cross section of the different pumps.

    Good luck!

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Kassie said…

    I can totally relate to the comfort zone issue. It's what slowed me down as I approached the end of my MM508 warrenty last year.

    Meeting with the Cozmo rep is what got me going - sitting there and holding the pump in my hand, hearing the 'spiel' and beginning to understand what smart pumping would mean... I finally crossed over and got excited about upgrading. But it sure took a while ;)

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger GabrielleK-M said…

    Thank you for the feedback, Scott & Kassie. It's great to know that there are so many resources in the OC--makes this all so much easier. I think I'm starting to get excited about new pump possibilities...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home